Education Visas


Looking to study in the U.S?  If so, D&D can address your educational immigration needs.

Student (F-1) 

Student visas are issued to Foreign Nationals who have been admitted to study at a U.S. institution in the United States. This category includes colleges and universities as well as private high schools, language schools and test preparation courses. The application requires a SEVIS I-20 form issued by the school and signed by an authorized school representative. Visas can be issued for up to five years and extended further depending on the nature and course of the studies. 

Vocational Student (M-1)

Students interested in pursuing studies at a vocational or technical school may apply for the M-1 visa. Similar to the F-1, the application requires a SEVIS I-20 form issued by the school and signed by and authorized school representative.

Exchange Visitors/Trainees (J-1)

The J-1 visa is intended for exchange visitors to the United States, many of whom are undertaking a training program. This category includes physicians, professors and research scholars, college and university students, teachers, au pairs, and summer students. Certain J-1 visa holders are subject to a two year residency requirement. Upon completion of the training, the Foreign National must return to their home country or country of last residence for two years before they are able to return to the US in H or L status or change status in the U.S. The J-1 does not require a petition but does require a SEVIS DS-2019 form which is issued from an approved institution.  

Call today to see how D&D can deliver business and employment immigration solutions.


Leave a Reply